Tuesday, December 9, 2008

i am me and i am okay!

I wanted to share this with you all I saw it in an office last week and thought I should share it with all of you. Hope you have a great Tuesday!

“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it -- I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know -- but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.”
i posted this on my other blog as well but i thought it really fits over here on my weight loss blog as well. this is so true with how we need to feel about one's self. we have to love our self's even with out little imperfections that we may have. the imperfections make each one of us who we are from the inside out. we all have issues and battles that we deal with each and every day but is it really worth the stress, headaches, and heart aches that we have over these issues. why is it that we can not just love who we are totally and completely with all the imperfections that make us unique and special. i am learning that i am a beautiful women with many things to offer my family and friends. i have also learned about myself that if you feel confident you will be able to do anything that you set your mind to. one last thing is your metal health goes right along with your physical health if one is out of whack the other will be as well.